The Iowa Flag was accepted on March 29th, 1921. The tricolor is from the France Flag because France owned the area known as Iowa before the Louisiana Purchase. The bald eagle symbolizes Iowa’s loyalty to the Union. The eagle holds a ribbon with the state motto, Our liberties we prize and rights we will maintain.
FLAG QUALITY AND USES
Construction: Nylon printed with gold fringe
– Made from long lasting Nylon
– Ceremonial Gold fringe stitched around edges
– Double thickness/texture of the “Standard Quality” flags
– Long lasting, bright and beautiful
– Designs are through-printed and visible on both sides
– Double and quad stitched edges all around
– Reinforced grommet holes with metal rings for added durability
– Attaches easily to any flag pole (indoor or outdoor)
– Fair weather use only/indoor
– Parades, events and honor displays
– Schools, civic events, Scouting
– Long term decoration use
Note: Fringe is securely attached but limits outdoor usage.