The Louisiana Flag was adopted on July 1st, 1902. Part of the state seal is used for the emblem of the Louisiana Flag. The pelican is shown caring for its young on the flag. The pelican shows self-sacrifice. The state motto is on the scrolls underneath the pelicans, Union, Justice and Confidence .
FLAG QUALITY AND USES
Construction: Nylon printed with gold fringe
– Made from long lasting Nylon
– Ceremonial Gold fringe stitched around edges
– Double thickness/texture of the “Standard Quality” flags
– Long lasting, bright and beautiful
– Designs are through-printed and visible on both sides
– Double and quad stitched edges all around
– Reinforced grommet holes with metal rings for added durability
– Attaches easily to any flag pole (indoor or outdoor)
– Fair weather use only/indoor
– Parades, events and honor displays
– Schools, civic events, Scouting
– Long term decoration use
Note: Fringe is securely attached but limits outdoor usage.