The Montana Flag was introduced on July 1st, 1981. The basic design of the Montana Flag has not been changed in over 100 years which is pretty long for a flag. The word, Montana, was added in 1981. The seal shows the Rocky Mountains and the Great Falls. The shovel, pick, and plough show mining and agriculture.
FLAG QUALITY AND USES
Construction: Nylon printed with gold fringe
– Made from long lasting Nylon
– Ceremonial Gold fringe stitched around edges
– Double thickness/texture of the “Standard Quality” flags
– Long lasting, bright and beautiful
– Designs are through-printed and visible on both sides
– Double and quad stitched edges all around
– Reinforced grommet holes with metal rings for added durability
– Attaches easily to any flag pole (indoor or outdoor)
– Fair weather use only/indoor
– Parades, events and honor displays
– Schools, civic events, Scouting
– Long term decoration use
Note: Fringe is securely attached but limits outdoor usage.